Sunday, September 22, 2013

Complaining about Asian boy toys gets LGBT editor fired

You know, in a way, I'm glad The Undergrounder is a one-man operation. I don't have to worry ABOUT THIS SORT OF SHIT:

An ugly dispute over race and class at one of Texas’ biggest LGBT newspapers deepened this week when a former top editor added charges of sexual harassment to his complaints about the management of the Dallas Voice.

John Wright, who was an editor at the Voice since 2008, alleged late last week that he had been fired for complaining about a lack of racial diversity on its cover, and for causing conflicts with advertisers. He told BuzzFeed Saturday that he also left with concerns over the newspaper’s internal culture.

“After I got fired, I started looking at stuff I had collected over the years,” Wright told BuzzFeed. “And [former Voice owner] Robert Moore was sending me these pictures of these Asian boys. He goes to Thailand sometimes, and there is this bigger issue because I know a lot of wealthy gay males travel to Thailand and Mexico and I don’t know if they hire prostitutes or what, but it’s using a Third World country as a glory hole is the best way to put it. It’s pretty horrible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment