Thursday, December 26, 2013

Council member Moore vows action to get a grocery store to replace Aldi's

I received the following email from 1st District Council member Denise Moore:

Unfortunately , this decision was made and implemented without the knowledge of the city. In fact, I was the one that brought this to the attention of the city and the media after community members called me. Securing a full service grocery store for the first district has now become a top priority for me and many on the council that have contacted me.

Well, good. I notice that in Chicago, aldermen routinely interject in business decisions and word to secure vital services for their constituents that the unfettered free market, in it's infinite wisdom, would deny them.

In the south side, we have the Shop Rite on Western (a few blocks down from Aldi's, but a vastly inferior store) and Krogers on Harmon Highway, a good 10 minutes away by car.

No comments:

Post a Comment